Saturday, January 30, 2010

Down Under, Day 16: Another Lazy Day in St. Kilda

It's amazing to think about everything that's gone on over the course of the last 16 days, and now my time in Australia is just about finished. Soon I'll have to trade 24 degrees Celsius for 24 degrees Fahrenheit (far from a fair exchange if you ask me), but I can't get greedy at this stage. I've been incredibly fortunate to have the chance to come down here and be a small part of an amazing team. Plus, I still can rub it in for a little while longer. Check out the view from St. Kilda tonight:


I'm a Midwestern guy, so I don't have high beach standards (and trust me St. Kilda, you're a far improvement from St. Joe Beach just off campus back at Notre Dame), but I'm told by people who know such things that St. Kilda's pretty far down the list of Australia's best beaches...or maybe not even on it. Having seen some of the vistas on the Australia tourism film shoots, I can see where they are coming from, but I'm certainly in no mood to complain. The sun was shining and the water was a cool 70 degrees (maybe colder, but it felt good to just lean back and float in the ocean with nothing to do for a brief while).

Back at the hotel now and relaxing for a brief moment; currently Serena Williams and Justine Henin are locked in a close fight for the women's title. I'm heading back to the park to check out the gift shop, which I hope is in an "Everything Must Go/Cut Prices Like Crazy Eddie" mode. Even if not, I promise I'll bring back some cool stuff.

One day more, and then the great Australian journey is finished...

0 comments:

Post a Comment